Eyes have always been the most incomprehensible part of a person’s body. Our eyes tell our feelings without an expression. Our eyes can explain what kind of a soul we abide. Keeping this thing in mind we can say that the eyelashes cooperate a major part of the obscurity. When you have thin eyelashes or no eyelashes, it takes the attraction away. This problem of shorter eyelashes is most widespread and can be treated by using Careprost eye drops. There are various reasons which might be responsible for this problem of shorter eyelashes such as androgenic alopecia, dermatological problem, allergic reaction to any makeup, psychological problem, underactive thyroid problem, or by the chemotherapy treatment during cancer.
Careprost is a potent and effective medication that has been much commonly used for the treatment of Hypotrichosis (shorter eyelashes). This medication helps in increasing the length, thickness, and color of the eyelashes. However, it can also be used for the treatment of Glaucoma.
How does Careprost work?
Bimatoprost is supposed to lesser intraocular pressure (IOP) in humans by raising the outflow of aqueous humor through both the trabecular meshwork and use scleral routes. Prostaglandins, which are naturally occurring chemicals in the body, Bimatoprost helps to reduce the pressure in eyes by using the action of these prostaglandins. In the eye, they amplify the drainage of the aqueous humor out of the eyeball. Bimatoprost is a synthetic compound related to one of the natural prostaglandins and works by increasing the drainage of aqueous humor out of the eyeball. Bimatoprost may also lower the rate of aqueous formation in the eye.
How to use Careprost?
Careprost is available as 0.03% w/v ophthalmic solution to be used for eyes only. Careprost eye drops when used for eyelashes are to be applied topically on the external part of eyes. But for glaucoma, these are instilled in the eyes. Careprost eye drops should be used once a day only in the evening for eyelash enhancement. A clean and dry eyeliner brush or an applicator is used to apply a drop of Careprost by placing a drop on the tip of the brush. Make a line at the margin of the lash line beginning from the inner part to the outer part. You need to apply a drop of Careprost solution only on the upper eyelid for a continuous application for 2months so that you will notice the response fast.
Some side effects are likely to occur while using this medication such as Itching in eyes, Eye redness, Drowsiness, Dryness in eyes, Headache, Eyelids darkening and Iris pigmentation.
Warnings and Precautions while consuming Careprost:
There are some precautionary measures to be kept in mind while using Careprost such as:
- Use of Careprost eye drop to any other area can lead to unnecessary hair growth.
- Prior to the application of Careprost eye drop, always remove your makeup and contact lenses, if applied.
- If any other medication is advised along with Careprost eye drop, then take a time difference of 15 minutes between the usages of both.
- Take care to avoid the contact of bottle tip to any surface, so that the solution would not contaminate.
- Careprost eye drop should not be applied if you have oversensitivity towards Bimatoprost or any other ingredient of Careprost eye drop.
- Treatment of any other eye condition with Careprost is not advised unless prescribed.
- A pregnant woman or a nursing mother are not recommended to use Careprost eye drop.