Your boss has given you a target to complete it in a particular time. You are making a power point presentation to make him happy as he has promised you for a promotion. By the completion of this target, you will become a marketing head. You are working hard and trying your best to achieve your goal. However, under some circumstances such as family issues, financial problems, and poor health conditions does not allow you to make it. While working on your target you may feel like sweating, slight chest pain, muscle pain, and irregular pulse rate. It will cause an interruption while completing your target. Might be you are suffering from the condition of hypertension or high blood pressure.
Hypertension is not an easy task to manage all the times and is an affecting matter in both the genders. Usually, every other person is a sufferer of high blood pressure because of inadequate diet and poor lifestyle habits. However, when hypertension can be managed effectively by using medications and the most suitable medication for that is Norvasc, which contains Amlodipine.
What is the use of Norvasc? Norvasc is a hypertension drug that is meant to lower your high blood pressure. Norvasc comes in the class of calcium channel blockers. Norvasc works to widen the blood vessels to make it easy for your heart for an adequate oxygen and blood supply to the heart. There is no effect of Norvasc on the calcium level in your body and bones.
Norvasc is a brand name for Generic Amlodipine. The most suitable strength of Norvasc is 5mg that is marketed in oral form to be taken by oral route with water regardless of the food. An adult patient can take a dose of Norvasc 5mg for one time a day to the prescribed duration of treatment. Your physician can increase the dose to 10mg if required according to your condition and treatment response. The advised dose in children needs to be considered by a healthcare professional only.
Norvasc medication can lead to some undesirable responses of difficulty breathing, chest pain, nausea, skin rashes, sweating, dizziness, swelling of ankles and feet, tiredness, or a headache.
Norvasc is contraindicated in certain conditions:
- Do not take Norvasc drug in case of oversensitivity towards Amlodipine or any other constituent of Norvasc drug.
- Do avoid the intake of Norvasc drug if you have any other heart problem or liver disorder.
- Norvasc (Amlodipine) can cause defects in child and fetus. Thus, Norvasc needs to be inhibited during pregnancy and lactation unless prescribed.
Some precautionary measures:
- Intake of smoking and alcohol consumption can cause aggravation in side effects of the drug.
- Intake of Norvasc (Amlodipine) is not advisable in children below the age of 6 years.
- If you are taking any other hypertension medication, then do not take Norvasc (Amlodipine).